What you need to know before you go

The Potlatch website, www.potlatchcorp.com  has full information about their recreation use program, including a printable version of the recreation guidelines.

Thank you for your assistance in making the Potlatch Recreation Access Program a success.  We hope that you enjoy your forestland experience.  Feel free to post your pictures or comments about your property visit on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/qualityservicesinc.


Individuals interested in recreating on Potlatch property must first obtain a recreation access permit. Permits are available through their website or from local vendors. Immediate access is granted upon completion of the permit process.


To be prepared for the permit purchase process you will need the names, driver's license numbers and ages of all adults you will be listing on your permit. You will also need a description and license number for each vehicle, OHV, or RV that you intend to place on the permit. Once you have this information in hand completing the permit process is easy.


If you do not have access to the internet, or live out of the area, you may contact us at 866-437-7711, and we will assist you in completing your permit purchase.



At present the Potlatch camping policy allows for unlimited camping between April 10 and December 10. It is acceptable to set up a season long camp on Potlatch property, however: you are responsible for the safety and security of your camping equipment or any personal items you leave unattended on Potlatch property.


Please keep a clean campsite, dispose of trash and waste in an appropriate manner, and observe fire restrictions during periods of high fire danger.


Target shooting-

While this activity is presently allowed on Potlatch property we expect those discharging weapons to keep the safety, security, and peace of mind of other individuals who may be recreating nearby in mind. Target shooting will not be tolerated after dark or in heavily populated camping areas unless all campers are in agreement.


Mud bogging-

Mountain Meadows, areas along stream banks, and Potlatch's extensive road system are all subject to damage by thoughtless individuals who choose to use their vehicles or OHV's in such a manner as to create ruts, compaction of the soil, or damaged vegetation that can take years of recovery time as well as expenditures of funds by Potlatch. This activity will be prosecuted.



Please DO NOT block gates. You must keep in mind that equipment needing behind a gate is generally much larger than a standard motor vehicle, so unless you can park in a manner where heavy equipment can get by your vehicle choose another parking location. If you inhibit industrial operations from taking place you may be liable for the cost of time lost.


Bypasses around gates may be used by OHV of 50" in width or less. See Potlatch website for further details.


All vehicles are to remain out of active logging operation sites, even if the gates are open.



You are allowed to collect firewood for use at your campsite without a firewood permit. However, if you are going to transport firewood from our woodlands to your home, you must have a firewood permit in possession. Firewood permits are only available through the Potlatch website.


Criminal activity-

If you see or suspect criminal activity maybe taking place on Potlatch property, you are encouraged to call the local county sheriff or our hotline number, 866-437-7722.


Three things to keep in mind as you use Potlatch land:

  • All activities must comply with all applicable federal, state or county laws and regulations.  This includes proper licensing of vehicles.  The company and its contract security patrol staff (QSI), cooperate fully with local and state authorities. 


  • Compliance with company use regulations is NOT OPTIONAL.  Visitors are required to learn in advance if their planned use of Potlatch land is appropriate and which restrictions may apply.  If you cannot find specific information, on the Potlatch website, to answer your questions, you may call QSI at 208-623-2539. 


  • Expect that your activities on Potlatch land may be checked from time to time by patrol personnel.  Your cooperation with our patrol staff is NOT OPTIONAL.  It is a requirement for continued access to Potlatch lands. 




Public use of Potlatch's privately owned land is a privilege granted by the company to the public.  Increased recreation use requires road maintenance and repair of damage cause by regular use.  Unfortunately, damage from malicious misuse also occurs, resulting in costly repair and replacement of assets, including soils and trees.  Misuse and abuse of the forestlands is simply unacceptable, and Potlatch must find ways to control misuse.  One method is to work with responsible visitors to see that individuals and groups follow common-sense use policies, and to hire QSI professionals to patrol company lands to discourage, apprehend and prosecute those who are irresponsible.  DO YOUR PART AS A RESPONSIBLE VISITOR AND REPORT VIOLATIONS AND ABUSE OF POTLATCH LAND BY CALLING TOLL FREE 866-437-7722. Our hotline is staffed seven days a week.


Visitors are responsible for determining when and where restrictions apply.  To make the Potlatch general guidelines, rules and specific restrictions easy to obtain and understand, Potlatch maintains signs throughout its Idaho properties.  As well, a list of rules and regulations is available through the Vendors selling permits or on the Potlatch website at www.potlatchcorp.com.  Specific questions can be addressed to QSI by calling toll free,  866-437-7711. Monday through Friday from 9AM to 4PM.


Thank you for your assistance in making the Potlatch Recreation Access Program a success!  We hope that you enjoy your forestland experience.  Feel free to post your pictures or comments about your property visit on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/qualityservicesinc.




Additional Photos



IEP gates will open on 5/19. Firewood opens Memorial Day weekend.

Please check each land owners page for updated information concerning the fire dangers and restrictions.

ATV's must be 50" or less to go around closed gates.

Empire Trails is open.

Empire Trails is open for summer bike riding and hiking.


Empire Trails (non-motorized bicycle and hiking trail) located near Spirit Lake. Daily non-motorized permit $2.50 or purchase an annual permit for unlimited use.

Be sure to check out the IEP printable maps!

Got Questions?

We're at your service:

Follow us on FaceBook


Quality Services, Inc.

P O Box 1162

Spirit Lake, ID 83869


Phone: 208/623-2539

Fax: 208/623-6618

E-mail: qsist@frontier.com



Print Print | Sitemap
© Quality Services

This website was created using 1&1 MyWebsite.